Internet & Computing
INTERNET & COMPUTING
An introduction to computer skills for learners with no experience whatsoever of computers and the Internet.
Introduction to Computer and Internet helps to remove the fear of using a computer for complete novices by using a simple, non-threatening approach to educating individuals in the basic skills of using a computer, email and the Internet.
It is a fun, informal and uncomplicated introduction to computers and the internet for complete beginners.
It is designed to give an appreciation and basic understanding of computers and the Internet.
It is designed to build confidence and provide a basis to encourage further exploration and development of computer and Internet skills.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Identify different types of computers as well as their main components and be able to log on to a computer and understand the basic function of a mouse and keyboard.
- Understand and use common desktop icons and the taskbar and be able to shutdown a computer.
- Identify the main parts of a window, work with windows, and identify the main types of storage media and programme applications.
- Create, format, save and print a document.
- Identify files and folders and recognise common file types.
- Understand the Internet and the World Wide Web and the importance of evaluating information on the World Wide Web.
- Use a Web browser and a search engine and be able to complete and submit Web based forms and understand the concept of an online virtual community.
- Understand the structure of an email address and be able to create, send and receive email and understand the security risks involved.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is designed for complete beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age (senior friendly), ability or understanding.
There are still many people who have never switched on a computer and are only vaguely aware of the internet and its uses. Many of these people would like to know more about computers and the internet but may feel that it’s too complicated or that it’s too late for them to learn.
If that sounds like someone you know, this is the programme for them to overcome their fears and get started with computers.